Thursday 1 December 2011

Stabby, Stabby Xmas.

Well… it’s December the first, so there’s no getting away from it, it’s nearly Christmas. I try and ignore it in November when people are shoving it down your throat, but once December comes, you can’t ignore it anymore. Nope…

This year I’m having a Dario Argento Christmas. I’ve just ordered a few of his movies to watch over the holiday period. Partly as because as a horror fan, Argento is a bit of a blind-spot for me and Xmas would be a good time to dive in and check out his work and correct that. Also partly just my way of trying to stimulate the Italian economy. I’m not sure why I went this route? I was just doing my Xmas shopping online, late Monday night, and it dawn on me that’s how I should handle this year’s Xmas. A few Dario Argento DVDs, Vodka (stimulating the Russian economy), and plenty of snacks. This is my plan for the holiday season this year… also, maybe that really cool, new book on film Monsters by John Landis.

If that’s what I’m getting this year, here’s what I imagine all the girls will be after this Christmas. I can just see it ending up with her and Action Man held up in a boarded up Doll’s House, while Zombie My Little Ponies roam about outside waiting to attack.

No comments: