Friday 16 December 2011

Claws And Flaws.

Wow… are they really running these ads in comics or did I just fall for an online hoax? It’s hard to tell these days. I don’t live near a comic-book shop, so I can’t check them out for myself to see if they‘re real or not. I wonder what fan-girl reaction has been like for these ads? Not knowing any, sadly, I can only guess. Heart in the right place? Or smut posing as a good cause? I guess time will tell. You can’t get too mad at this ad (can you?) if the worse it does is generate buzz around awareness of breast cancer. You’d think Catwoman would take the claws off first. She really does live dangerously if she gives herself breast exams while wearing those. She’s hardcore. I look forward to all the numerous parodies these ads will no doubt kick up.

Sticking with my Dario Argento themed Christmas. I’ve not really been holding out much hope for his forthcoming Dracula 3D. I’ve seen a lot of Dracula movies of late and maybe it’s just me being burnt out on that particular story (hell, I even read the cliffs notes for Dracula this year.) But after watching the new trailer that’s just been released, it’s jump the list to film I most want to see in 2012. I just hope I get the chance to see it in 3D. I’ve got a nasty feeling the only way I will, is if I make some great trek across the UK to some arty cinema somewhere. I doubt they’ll release it on DVD in 3D. If a horror movie was made in 3D, then it’s not unreasonable to want a 3D home copy (yes, I’m looking at you Flesh For Frankenstein.) This trailer also makes me long for the days when woman would bathe by one standing naked in a small bowl, while another would slowly and gently wash her all over, while trying to push any strange and exciting lesbian thoughts from her mind. Did woman ever really bathe like this, or is it something that movies just made up? Curse whoever invented the shower. This film does look like it has the flaw of that trend of a sexy Dracula, however. I wonder why films seem so against showing Dracula as an ugly-bugly. Or old? I should also add, I do have a massive crush on Asia Argento. A little bit kinky, a little bit kooky. She works for me on a lot of levels. Wikipedia also says she’s agoraphobic, which is perfect for me, as I’m always stuck in doors drawing anyway and barely leave the house myself. We could be socially-awkward together.

Also…

Dear Amazon (the company, not the rain forest), I know it’s nearly Christmas, but do you have to Email every other hour trying to get me to buy more stuff? I’ve done my Xmas shopping this year, let it go. Take Xmas off and we’ll meet up for the January sales.

No comments: