Friday 9 December 2011

Earn That Turkey.

Here’s a new shot just in time for the weekend. Looks like someone needs a loo break.

It’s a weird period, December. Part of me wants to rush and push myself and try and get as much done before 2012 as I can. Part of me wants to slow up and enjoy what’s left of 2011. You usually get a little break around the Xmas day period. Question is, as it approaches, should you speed up or slow down? I’m not sure how I should handle the next couple of weeks, work wise. Work like a Demon or snacks and movies? After Xmas, I plan to work like a Demon, so as to take my mind off the horror that is January.

Just finished reading Neonomicon this week. Yeah, it’s got some close to the bone stuff in it, but nothing as bad as some people on the internet would have you believe. I wouldn’t recommend it if easily offended. There is at least one truly shocking scene in there. I see it’s only got average reviews and ratings online, but it’s probably one of my favourite modern Alan Moore comics. That said, if you’re not a Lovecraft fan, you might feel a bit alienated from the story. I don’t really wanna say too much about this book, as it has a couple of tricks up its sleeve and is best read cold. Because of the nature of some of the plot points in it, you don’t have to look very far online to find spoilers. I wouldn’t research it online if you hate coming across spoilers, but if you’re worried it may be a bit much for you but you want to read it, you can easily find out what to expect with a quick google search. Here’s a decent review I found that doesn’t give too much of the game away. Also, the art is excellent. I read a rumour online that this nearly got banned in the UK. If that’s true, I’m glad it didn’t. This may be the best horror-comic of 2011... That said, I’m tired and can’t remember what else was published this year, so it kind of wins by default.

No comments: