Sunday 29 July 2012

Have You Seen This Man?


It’s starting to get a bit tricky on what I can and can’t post from Issue #3, and it’s only gonna get trickier in the coming months. This latest shot, however, seems pretty non-spoiler friendly. It’s one of my sinister smile shots. If someone’s usually smiling in this story, you know something bad is about to happen. I think I’ve got a few good sinister smile shots in this graphic-novel. Creepy smiles are kind of stock-in-trade for horror artists. Even when I try and draw a real, non-sinister smile, they always look a little evil.

This latest find ain’t exactly helping me get over my Dracula craze from a couple of months ago. What Dracula would really look like via modern police sketch software. Kind of like a Caucasian Fu Manchu, I guess. I had a go at doing my own take on Dracula a short while ago, the result of which can be seen here. I think most people working in horror want to have a stab at Dracula at one point or another. It’s also really worth checking out the rest of The Composites tumblr. Other favourites of mine include Robert Vaughn and Randall Flagg.

Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s been four days, and I still haven’t had a chance to sit down and have a good flick through my copy of Creepy presents: Richard Corben. Now there’s a guy who really knows how to draw a sinister smile.

No comments: