Friday 13 July 2012

Non-Smoking.


Issue #4 is now well underway. It’s maybe the worse time of year for drawing, as the moment the sun peeks out from behind the gloom, you want to go out and enjoy it, but I am differently out of the starting-block. My current plan is to get it off to a strong start in the Summer, then finish it up when those chilly Winter months come around. Winter tends to be the better months for getting work done anyway (or at least that‘s what I find.) I’ve noticed that recently, instead of counting how many pages I’d done in my head, I’ve started to count how many pages I’ve got left overall. It’s nice to be in that working position. I’m also a lot closer to drawing some nice, gruesome horror scenes, I’ve been working my way towards little-by-little for a while now. You usually save the big scares for the end, and not to give anything away, but this story is no different. Issue #4 is where the shit and fan become one.

But that’s the future, right now I’ll post this shot. There are certain shots in comics that are always fun to draw. I’m not a smoker, but for some reason I really like drawing people lighting up a cigarette. If you’re gonna have a character standing around monologuing, then it’s nice to have them working a prop or doing something. Although I’m starting to think this shot may age the story somewhat in years to come, as smoking will probably be non-existent in another ten\twenty years. I’m guessing pot-smokers will be about in the future, but plan, old, regular smokers, maybe not so much. Hmmmmm, is it too late to Photoshop that fag and lighter out? Have him playing Angry Birds on a iPad or something?

No comments: