Tuesday 10 July 2012

Lust For Gory.



I’m adding this with Zombie Ass and Zomboobies, on the list of weird, Japanese Zombie movies, I kind of wanna see. They remind me of the Troma movies of the 80’s. I like that Japan is going through a golden age of sleaze at the moment. I know exploitation cinema is very 'in' at the moment, but Japan seems to be the only country really running with it. With cheap (and some times downright tacky) CGI and special effects, and sexy weapon bearing babes, they make movies that please your inner teenage boy. If you’d seen these movies at fourteen, they would have blown your mind. They’re like perfect Saturday night movies, when you want to turn your brain off and relax. Just spend an hour-and-half abusing your mind with Zombie trash, and your body with nachos and dip.

It’s just a shame, I’m guessing very few, if any of these titles, are going make it over here. I get the feeling most of these flicks will be a stranger to Region 2\B2.

No comments: