Saturday 21 July 2012

Only Alanis Morissette Understands.


I’m sad to say I think this miserable summer weather may be my fault. I kind of jinx it, when on the first day of decent sunshine last month, I went out and bought a new bottle of sun-tan lotion. It’s like buying a jumbo pack of condoms, and then the next day your girlfriend breaks up with you. This hardly used bottle of lotion now sits on my bookshelf, looking lonely and useless. The other day I had a depressing moment, when I looked out the window at all the rain and gloom, and thought “oh well… it’ll be summer in a couple of months…” It then dawn on me this was summer. My internal calendar had gone back to winter setting. At least the weather’s a bit better today.

The weather’s shitty this week… I chipped the back of a tooth… and I ordered a new camera online, and when it turned up, it didn’t work, which means I’ve gotta send it back. It’s been a rough week (in a ‘first world problems’ kind of way). If I was Bruce Banner, I’d be hulking out about now.

To tame my inner raging beast, I’ll quickly post this above shot. The only good thing about the shitty weather, is I’ve been able to catch up on doing artwork. Usually drawing in July is hell. This year, not so bad. No ice cream and sunburn, but at least I’ve been able to put some hours in at the drawing-board.

No comments: