Saturday 31 December 2016

Happy New Year.

Is it weird that I kind of wish 2016 was a person, so I could then beat it mercilessly with a plank, and then back over them in a car a few times, maybe, and then finish by setting 2016 on fire and burying it in the woods late at night? Or is that just me…?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas last week, and a Happy New Year for tonight. I myself have been spending my Xmas holiday thusly:

Catching up on Game Of Thrones: Where my unhealthy Melisandre Of Asshai crush thickens. One of my New Year resolutions for 2017, I fear, must be to stop crushing on mean girls.

Wondering how long a chest infection can humanly go on for: If you are currently suffering one, too, I’ve found sucking on a really strong cough lozenge while having a super hot shower helps… well… for a little while, anyway.

Watching people play the beta on youtube of Friday The 13th: Also watching people play Dead By Daylight and Lakeview Cabin. Man, it really is a golden age for Slasher video-games right now.

While I, like many people, won’t be sorry to see the back of 2016, it has had some highs also. It’s been great to launch Babayka Land this year and move Babayka-Lives forward. I’ve also enjoyed branching out and starting to work with other artists and models, which is something I wanna keep going in 2017. I have at least one big project coming working with someone else next year, and possible some more models and monsters pin-ups in the pipeline, as well as one or two side-projects. I can’t really make any promises right now, as when working with other artists\models, stuff can and does fall through, so all I can say is watch this space.

Also, there’s only a few more instalments of Babayka Land to go, as we head into 2017, before I take a very short break in the New Year, and return soon after that. Until then, tune in to Babayka-Lives this weekend to see if Newton and his sister can safely escape with their new friends.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE… I very much hope 2017 turns out to be the lifeboat fleeing the shipwreck that was 2016.

No comments: