Wednesday 7 December 2016

Currently Reading.


I always knew sooner or later I was gonna give this book a try. Just as a fan of both lead characters, I found them being apart through most of Book 2 and 3, and then knowing they’d never properly be reunited kind of a bummer. You can clearly see that wasn’t where the relationship between them was meant to end, at the end of The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets’ Nest. Honestly, I would have preferred if someone had finish off the 70% complete forth Stieg Larsson book, and kind of hope that still happens one day.

I’m not really gonna give this book a massive review, as I’m only 167-pages into it so far. While it does clearly lack that Stieg Larsson touch, I am kind of enjoying it. I’ve notice there seems to be less love and story for supporting characters, like Erika Berger (although this might change later in the book), as the pacing is more like that of the movies.

I have to confess, I still don’t know how I feel about the idea of authors’ characters being carried on after their deaths. As of right now, I’m leaning more towards ‘necessary evil‘, to keep that character (or in this case ‘those characters‘) alive. I can see why, and in many ways am, one of those people who want to see new adventures starring Blomkvist and Salander.

No comments: