Thursday 27 March 2014

The Mummie Returns.


I’ve actually been meaning to post this re-jig of an old sketchbook doodle from last year for a while now, but you know… the scanner’s on the other side of the room… my sketchbook was under a massive pile of books. yadda, yadda, yadda.

I went off the original sketch pretty soon after drawing it, so at first I just tried to strengthen the line work, but before long I had my markers out, and was adding colour, too. While it’s important to learn when to let an image go and not over render it, I actually think it looks a little bit better. I still don’t love this doodle, but at least now I can tolerate it. I re-jigged it into submission.

What with getting the web-comic going, and working on new sequential pages lately, I haven’t had much time for doing quick drawings in my sketch-book recently. I’m not saying there will be a Babayka: Book 2, but this week I did commit to buying a new hundred page folder for keeping these new pages in.

No comments: