Monday 17 March 2014

Elevator Pitch.

It’s maybe not my strongest point, summing up my web-comic, but I recently had to write a small blurb for my Project Wonderful account, and I thought I’d share the results here. Think of it like an elevator pitch to sell the concept to a new reader. Mine currently reads:

“Ongoing horror web-comic series about the shadowy figure of Babayka, and the poor, unfortunate individuals who cross his path . Aided by his beautiful Brides, very few have lived to tell the tale of the monstrous Babayka, and his misadventures in his tucked away lair deep in the Russian wilderness. By UK comic book writer\artist Andrew Reed. Web-comic recommended for older readers.”

I heard it’s a good idea if you can get your web-comic pitch down to three words. This I haven’t been able to do yet, but it’s something I’m gonna be trying to figure out in the next few weeks. The closes I’ve got is:

“Survival Horror Pot-Boiler”

Which needs work (for a start, I’m not 100% sure ‘pot-boiler’ isn’t two words… but anyway.) The three word pitch is a work-in-progress, really.

Very much looking forward to watching this program tomorrow night. Wish there were a hell of a lot more inside comic-book artist’s studio shows on TV.

No comments: