Saturday 17 November 2012

Multiverse


I was going for a sexy Sergio Leone vibe with this panel. Instead of an extreme close-up of some cowboy’s craggy face, it’s a young girl’s face.

Was worried it was all gonna go a bit Final Destination, while walking home from work today. Could hear a weird engine noise which I thought was a car somewhere, but as I walked further down the street, I saw a guy in his sloped driveway standing on some kind of mini-hovercraft. The hovercraft was at the top of the drive with the body facing up towards the garage. All I could really see was this massive rotating fan (the owner was standing behind it, and they were pretty much the same height), the protective-cage had been taken off, so it was just these giant exposed blades going around. I just had this vision in my head of this thing suddenly coming loose as I walked past and coming down the driveway at me as I walked past. Needless to say, I quicken my pace and braced myself to pull an awesome dive-out-the-way jump, should one be needed. As you can tell by the fact I’m writing this, the thing stayed put. But sadly, no doubt, that means one of the me’s in a parallel universe met a tragic, but kind of awesome end today. That’s the rules, sadly. If you dodge it, a parallel you has to bite the bullet (or in this case take a runaway man sized fan front on…) I think about parallel universe me’s all the time. The ones that got the girls I didn’t, or took chances I didn’t take. I often wonder where I come compared to my other many alternative selves when it comes to happiness and success. I’m not even joking… I’ve lost sleep over it.

NOTE: I’m gonna file today’s post under ‘things about yourself you probably shouldn’t share with strangers.’

No comments: