Tuesday 20 November 2012

Cthulhu Breath Redux.


Had to scan a load of comic pages over the weekend, so while I had my good scanner out, I thought I’d scan Cthulhu Breath too. Then I found a spare half-an-hour to do a quick colour job on it on Sunday night. I spent way too long trying to get texture and shade on those tentacles, which you can’t really see unless you zoom in really close.

I maybe gave this sketch a bit more time-and-love then a doodle deserves… but I like it… it’s Lovecraft\body-horror… what’s not to love?

Speaking of sketching, what with finishing up Issue #4 I’ve not really had much time to go about setting up these online sketchbook sessions I’ve previously mentioned. I have brought it up with a couple of buddies of mine, but nothing more then that has really happened. So, in an attempt to try and give it a bit of a kick-start, anybody reading this that maybe wants to meet up online, here’s my G+H profile. I think you have to ’friend me’ first, or in Google+Hangout talk, invite me into your circle (which sounds a bit phallic, I know. Kind of sexy, too, though.) I was going to try and do them as a group session, but I’m quickly learning that getting a small group of people online all at once is like trying to sculpt smoke. I need to start using my Google+ account more, so if you’re a fellow artist looking to hangout (or maybe even a beautiful, bewitching brunette with a thing for comic-book horror artists?) Here’s me making the first move. Come say Hi!

No comments: