Sunday 11 November 2012

Cthulhu Breath.


Since we took last week off for Halloween, how about something out my sketchbook this week? I’m a little obsess with artist doing work set in the H.P. Lovecraft universe. From short Lovecraft stories being adapted for comics by amazing artist (The Picture In The House done by Mike McMahon is excellent. And that‘s my least favourite Lovecraft story. I hated that story until I saw the McMahon version.), to Alan Moore’s Neonomicon from last year.

Here’s a quick doodle by myself done in that spirit. I scanned it on my crappy A4 printer\scanner, not my awesome A3 one, but hopefully you can still feel the tentacle love ok?

I know some writers can get a bit bent-out-of-shape over fan-fiction, but I think it’s a massive compliment if writers\artists still want to play and expand your writing and characters long after your death. Means you must have done something very right to inspire that in people. I never count work done by people other than the original writer as canon, but who doesn’t like a good sub-genre of an artist work? It either a golden age for all things Lovecraft, right now, or an over crowed bandwagon, depending on how you look at it.

No comments: