Friday 7 September 2012

Woolly Bully.


All I’ll say about the above panel is this… If you’re reading a horror comic, and someone pulls out a knitting-needle, it usually means bad things are going down. When does anybody use knitting-needles for knitting in horror comics? I can’t post the gory money-shots, for obvious reasons, but hopefully this panel sets the scene well enough.

On a weird side-note: turns out it’s really fun to draw balls of wool. I mean, as a comic book artist, there’s all kinds of stuff you dread drawing I.E. cars, crowd scenes, guns, tricky anatomy. But drawing balls of wool was just delightful. I always thought monsters were the most fun thing to draw in all the world, now I’m not so sure. My next graphic-novel will be called ‘Bikini-Babes In Wool-Shop Massacre.’ I know, sounds like a dodgy Troma movie or something, right?

Speak of which… I see recently Troma has put a lot of their back-catalogue up on youtube. This is very cool for me, as living in the UK, very few Troma movies have been put out on region 2. There’s a lot of Troma movies on there, I’ve been wanting to see for a long time. As well as ones I’ve been wanting to re-watch for years. I’ve got a lot of love for Troma (even if they’ve never technically ever made a really decent horror movie in nearly 40 years of film making.)
 
There’s a kind of trick-or-threat element when you watch a Troma movie. Some of them are rare little low-budget gems, while others are just god-awful. I remember recording one off late night TV back in the 90’s (I’m pretty sure it was this one), and watching it the next day was just painful. Even someone who has recently just had a lobotomy, couldn’t sit through this flick. I know people throw around the phase “worse movie of all time” so much it’s lost its bite. But even if this film wasn’t the worse movie of all time, it would be on the short-list. I think if you watch this movie all the way through, it officially counts as a cry for help.

No comments: