Wednesday 19 September 2012

When Pale-Face Shatner Attacks.

Just been watching the Federico D’Alessandro Halloween pitch-reel that been doing the rounds online lately. Out of all the slasher movies, the Halloween sequels are the ones with the lowest batting-average for me. Part 2 is ok, if a little underwhelming, all the others are pretty forgettable (in that I watched them as a kid, and now I’ve forgotten all of them.) Most slasher flicks have at least one or two decent sequels, and Halloween is long overdue for one.

I have to say, even if it wasn’t a Halloween\Michael Myers movie, it would still be an incredibly strong opening scene for a horror movie. But saying that, I hope he does get the Halloween gig. I guess it’s just what he’d do with the other 81-minutes of the movie that really counts.



I’d like to see a Halloween sequel, where Michael Myers catches and skins William Shatners face, paints it white, and uses it through the whole movie as a mask as a giant in-joke.

Feeling a little bit disappointed that Doctor Sleep won’t be out for a whole year. Was hoping for an early 2013 release, maybe something in the next six months. Still… it’s the book I’m most looking forward to reading in 2013.

No comments: