Tuesday 25 September 2012

A Spoiler Is A Spoiler.

I’m just saying…

Just because you tart it up as a gif, or a meme, or some other bollocks, doesn’t mean you’re not ruining it like a regular blabber-mouth. Just because it’s animated or meant to be ironic, doesn’t mean you haven’t just blown the ending for other people just because you did it in a trendy way.

I’ve never been able to watch a season of Dexter without already knowing how the season ends. When a new series of Doctor Who comes around, I’m tried of having to go into tunnel-vision mode. I feel these days like I need to pay someone to go online just before me, and check the way for spoiler-mines that people just lay all over the web.

How feeble is your headspace, that the moment you see something you know other people haven’t, you have to make sure people know that you know, by plastering the net with your little, crappy homemade banners.

They reserve the lowest circle of hell for hipsters and their ironic, glittery memes, as far as I’m concerned.

NOTE: I think you’re meant to spell meme in capitals, but I have so little respect for them, I didn’t bother. I didn’t want to bring grammar into this war, but they started it.

I’m gonna pepper this bitter rant with something sweet, too. File this under every thing sounds better in 8-bit. Feels weird that it’s probably been about ten years since I went to see the Pixies reunion show in London in college. Still waiting for that new pixies album… been a long time coming. Really long. Like… really, really, really long.

No comments: