Wednesday 1 February 2012

I Agree With The Internet.

The ‘6’ in Resident Evil 6 does look like a Giraffe getting a blow-job. See…?

Watching this after giving up on video-games a few years back is painful. Right now, the way I’m feeling, I could happily snap all my pencils in half (which would be a lot as I bought a 10-pack just before Xmas), blow what money I’ve got saved up on an X-box 360, and just spend the rest of my days slaying the un-dead. Buy copies of games I had to miss out on like Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising or Dead Island. Maybe buy one of those little fridges to keep cold cans of coke in. I can’t remember the last time a shot a digital Zombie in the face… sigh… Plus Gamers are very in these days. I know Gamers. I could be in the in-crowd, for once. No one likes guys who draw horror-comics.

Bit the bullet this week and bought a book I’ve been kind of wanting to read, and yet avoiding for a while now. Dracula: The Undead is the ‘official sequel’ to Dracula, written by Bram Stoker’s great grand-nephew Dacre Stoker. The book didn’t get very good reviews form Amazon, where I bought it, but I have been wanting to read it since it was released. I probably wouldn’t have “bit the bullet” if I had noticed this book was 413 pages long, however. That’s a big book to get through for something that so many people think is terrible. I’m only twelve pages into it and not hating it yet. Much like Anno Dracula, I’m getting the feeling there’ll probably won’t be much Dracula actually in it. I like stories done in the Dracula Universe, so I’ll give it a shot. That said, it does say only on the second page that when hit by sun-light, Dracula turns to ash… you sure this guy’s related to Bram Stoker? I want an DNA test… that's film Dracula.

No comments: