Wednesday 15 February 2012

I’m Manning-Up As Fast As I Can.

As I start to come to the end of the third issue, this being a horror comic, a lot of characters start dropping like flies. I’ve been drawing this story now on-and-off since mid\late 2009. I’ve been building up and drawing these characters, day in, day out, for a while now. I’m starting to feel a bit sad to see some of them go. There’s something very final about drawing a character’s death scene. To know I’ll probably never draw them again after spending so long trying to bring them to life on the page. I’m not talking about being majorly bummed out, or anything so dramatic, just a little mournful. I don’t know if this is common when drawing a long-term project? I just never banked on being a bit sad to see some of them go. Lesson to be learnt from all this? Don’t become too invested in a character if you plan to have them killed brutally, just for the sake of narrative. Maybe I should have stuck to short stories?

While a take a second to man-up and take a few deep breaths, you should listen to this track. I first heard it years ago on Beavis And Butthead. Still sounds pretty good to me. I finally got around to hunting down a copy on iTunes this week. I would 100% file this song under audio-squatter, so beware.

No comments: