Friday 24 February 2012

Books Of The Dead.

I kind of like the texture I’ve got going on in this frame. For a shot that’s basically two girls watching a guy walk up some stairs, I think it’s got some creepy things going on.

Finally finished off Dracula: The Un-dead last week. Kind of liked it right up until the end. For a book that’s meant to be a sequel to Dracula, ironically I enjoyed it up till Dracula turned up. I wasn’t that keen on their take on Dracula. One of the greatest villains of all time is kind of softened for this tale. I don’t really consider this a sequel to Dracula. Just a piece of fair enough fan-fiction that misjudges its main character. It’s actually much better written then I thought it was going to be, and doesn’t drag as much as I was worried it might. But if you’re reading this for Dracula himself, I think you probably will be a bit disappointed… unless you like younger, more romantic Dracula with a good heart… which let’s be honest, a lot of people probably do. If you want good Dracula fan-fiction, I’d go with Anno Dracula. That said, I don’t think this novel is a complete lost. I won’t lie, I got something out of reading this book… just maybe not enough. If they had put the ‘bastard’ back in Dracula, I think I would have liked this novel a lot more.

With Dracula: The Un-Dead finally finished, I got a chance to read the book I got for my birthday earlier in the month. The Complete History Of The Return Of The Living Dead. I really love this book. Could have maybe done with having more artwork in it (the few pages of William Stout drawings are amazing), but all-in-all, this book is fantastic. With what artwork they do have, plus behind the scenes photos, interviews and so on, I really enjoyed it. How could you not love a book that celebrates such an awesome movie?

No comments: