Sunday 15 January 2012

Watch Out!

Wow… end of the week already? Dreaded Monday fast approaching.

The good news is I’ve just finished what I think is the longest scene I’ve ever had to draw. A whopping seven pages. Sure… seven pages doesn’t sound much, but if you read comics, you’d know that’s a hefty scene, coming in at nearly a third of a normal issue. Very few scenes go on that long without cutting to something else or moving the action somewhere else. It’s a scene I’ve been working towards for a while now, and will hopefully make or break the third issue. The bad news is rereading the scene, I release one of the pages isn’t up to scratch and will probably need to be redrawn. Being such an important part of the plot, I can’t really include such a crappy page. It was drawn just before Xmas and probably at a point when I really needed a rest. I was trying something new with the layout of the page that didn’t really work. Plus the art itself leans more towards looking like it was drawn by a retarded chimp. So I know what I’ll be redrawing this coming week.

Watched SUPER yesterday. Really enjoyed it. It’s a shame Kick Ass came out first and that’s what everyone compared it to. They’re two different movies. SUPER is more like Taxi-Driver meets 60’s Adam West’s Batman. Hell, I think I even like SUPER a bit more then Kick Ass. It funnier for one. I like the Travis Bickle in tights theme. Also female, impish, sexy-psycho sidekicks are cool. I’m not a big fan of sidekicks, but I love Boltie.



Also, I too think people who queue jump should be hit in the head with a wrench.

No comments: