Thursday 12 January 2012

So Cute She Makes Buttons Feel Ugly.

In this Dragon’s Den age of get-rich-ideas, here’s something I’ve seen of late that I thought was a good idea. Sketchbooks with pre-drawn panels printed in them. You could be living the dream and drawing comics as you go. Also I imagine they would be awesome for sequential sketchbook jams. Passing it around and having different artist fill in their frame, or draw on each others. I did some regular sketchbook jamming yesterday for the first time in ages. To be honest, my sketches sucked, but then I had been up drawing till 2:30am the night before. Then getting up early because they were delivering my new Blu-ray player first thing in the morning. I didn’t bring my A-game to that particular sketchbook jam. Maybe about my C-Game… maybe even D-Game. I’m not a great sketcher on my best days. I don’t rate myself very highly in that regard. I always look at those amazing sketchbook pages Guy Davis and Mike Mignola do in the back of B.P.R.D. graphic novels and just stare in awe.

Below is my new favourite picture off the web. I know you don’t have to look very far online to find photos of cute girls dressed up as Harley Quinn, but it’s only fair I let the internet know we have a winner. It’s a mix of the body-languages and adorable, cheeky face that does it. I have no idea of the context of this photo, but I know cute-as-fuck when I see it. I keep screaming “I love you” at the screen, but she doesn’t seem to be able to hear me. Why have girls on the internet always gotta be like that?

No comments: