Friday 20 January 2012

Audio-Squatters.

Remember when approaching birthdays were met with excitement and joy? Now I’m turning 30... it’s all dread from here on. At least a forthcoming birthday will be a good excuse to order the latest box-set of Dexter. God, I love that show. I hope they do turn it into a movie.

I’ll take my mind off my impending birthday by posting this latest panel. If you do horror comics, doing people with frighten faces is kind of a big deal. Personally, I think it’s as important as how big and scary your monster are. I think readers channel any emotion (hopefully, that emotion being fear) through the reaction of the character it’s happening to. Here’s my latest stab at trying to do a good fright shot. I hope it hits the mark (or at least dents the mark.)

The bad news is I still can’t get the theme from Tenebre out of my head. In fact it gets worse, as now this theme has also claimed audio-squatter’s-rights in my brain and keeps going around, constantly playing in the back of my head.



The good news is I’ve downloaded them off iTunes and plan to play them both into submission over the weekend. I find the only way to get a tune out of your head is to play it until your brain gets bored of it and moves on to something else.

No comments: