Sunday 17 April 2011

Brain Drought.

Thought I’d leave the word balloon on this shot, as it gives little hints to a sub-plot I’ve got going on in this story. Does anybody else think CGI is a little soulless…? Just me…? Don’t get me wrong, I like it when it’s well done. But too much CGI in something makes it look more like a videogame or something.

It’s no secret I’ve been going through a very non-creative patch this last month. My pencil has been sitting in my Joker mug (that’s 80’s Jack Nicholson, Joker) on my desk gathering dust. I’ve been filling up pages and pages of sketch-book with thumbnails, but they’ve been mostly rubbish ideas. I’ve had days when I’ve convinced myself I’ve thought of a good idea, only for it to slowly dawn on me that it was crap and going nowhere. In many ways I guess I really needed a rest, but I feel like shit if I go too long without drawing. Hopefully I’ve turned the corner on this, as I’ve finally come up with a short project I want to work on. Something I want to get behind and try and flesh out. That said, I’m only at the thumbnailing stage so far, and it’s coming together… just very, very slowly. Fingers crossed this isn’t another false start. I had the idea a few days ago and I’m still excited about it, which is a good sign.

No comments: