Thursday 31 January 2008

Who Killed Mr Potato Head?

Another quick trip down memory lane tonight. While thinking of B movie posters I wanted to post a couple of weeks back, I remembered one of my favourite ones for the Friday the 13th part 4. One of the reasons I like this poster is I remember seeing it a lot in a grotty video store window when I was a kid. This video store was in this tiny shop (which has since been turned into a tiny house) by the railway bridge. It had been in the window for a while and the sun had started to fade it a bit over time. Being young I had never seen a Friday the 13th type of movie and wasn’t sure what I was looking at. I didn’t really know what a Hockey mask was and so when I saw it all those years ago whenever I’d walk past and see this faded poster, I thought it was a picture of a stabbed up potato.


The idea of cutting into a potato and the potato starts bleeding really grossed me. Still does thinking about it now. Put me off potato’s for years as a kid. Even years later after seeing all the Friday the 13th movies and own them on DVD nothing has even come close to freaking me out as much as the idea of a bleeding potato.

As a bonus here a 3D poster I found for Friday the 13th part 3D. I can never decide which is better, part 3 or part 4.

No comments: