Friday 18 January 2008

Tough Week.

Never enjoyed my trips to the public Library to photocopy work down from A3 to A4 but this week has been the toughest. The old photocopier was crap and the screen was covered in marks but at least the only thing you had to worry about was running out of paper and having to leave your (well my) artwork unwatched as I went to ask for more paper. The new photocopier is all dancing and singing and looks like a sci-fi prop but can’t even do that as I found out yesterday wasting a whole afternoon trying. I then wasted most of the night trying the old scan in two half’s and join up in Photoshop trick. I had always hated the idea of this but liked the idea and never having to have to go back to the Library so I gave it a go. I have no idea how people do this or if I’m just cursed this week because as I’d line up one piece of my artwork another piece (usually the guttering) wouldn’t match up.

I’ll be honest I’m not as technical as I’d like to be and the biggest pain over the last three years of Dirge has always been technology. Apart from Photoshop all the technical side of making this comic has been driving me up the wall. What ever I do next I’d like it to have a lot less to do with needing technology. I think I might take comics back to they’re must basic form and go live in a cave and just paint on the walls and invite people round to see them.

Anyway I’m sure I’ll get over it, but it has set me back a few days. It all reminding me of that scene from Office Space.



So I’m going to be sending next week trying the Library again or trying to find a new place to Photocopy my work. At least with all that unneeded scanning last night I can post this panel. Had a lot of fun drawing this one. Crowd scene can take they’re toll but this one wasn’t to bad as it wasn’t to big a crowd. I could take some time drawing each member of the public and go into a bit of detail.

No comments: