Wednesday 3 October 2007

One Man And His A3 Light Box.

Well after one wasted trip to Eastbourne last month and hours of plotting, I finally got my greedy little hands on a Light Box this week. I figured it was worth the £5 delivery charge to order it online as a return train ticket to Eastbourne probably cost about the same and I wasn’t keen on making a second trip. I haven’t been able to use a Light box since my college days and had to fall back on the dreaded technique of scanning and printing off any needed roughs\images and then spending ages shading in the back and drawing over the image.

It kind of weird they sell Light boxes in Argos now. I mean I know they sell everything in Argos now (even Wheelchairs and one day probably Coffins too) but still. They even got an Artograph tracer on the same page. I thought those were things of legends but no, they even sell those. I wouldn’t mind own an Artograph tracer, as I know some comic book artiest swear by them. But at £60 and I’m still not a 100% how they work or what you do with them, so I’ll stick with my new Light box.


Here a double cheeseburger I trace off a McDonalds voucher just to make sure it was in working order (the light box not the voucher).


Also found this vid today. It about lame endings to old computer games. But computer games from the 80’s were usually stupidly hard as I remember so you always did feel cheated with those 8bit endings. Bought a load of those old game anthologies like The Capcom Classic collection. Jesus I forgot how hard old 80’s games were. Has anyone really ever completed Ghost And Ghouls? Also forgot how annoying it was to play games without being able the save. So many things about those old games were annoying, so why do we all still play them?

No comments: