Tuesday 17 July 2007

Titleless.

Today (well tonight really) I thought I’d post the first two panels of the second page of an upcoming submission I’m working on at the moment. They look a little bare without type and the first panel still needs to have a title drawn on but you get the idea. Hopefully they should be finished by the end of the weekend, ready for posting on Monday. I’ve got some tricky bits ink wise coming up on the second page, so if all goes well Monday if not mid-week next week.




In the post today I got a letter in regards to my taxes this year. I was pretty sure I got a similar one at the end of last week so I scan through it once and then throw it on my desk never to be looked at again. I’m pretty sure it a plot by the government to throw so much information at you that you can’t take it all in. Not to mention the waste of paper they use just to tell you the same thing over and over again. As I said this letter was looked over once then left on my messy desk to fend for itself and just be forgotten. Never to be reopened and looked at again, but in a quiet moment of later on I figured I’d better give it another scan just to make sure there nothing I had to do or they were asking me for. I scanned over it again and towards the end saw a figure. “Oh shit,” I thought, “don’t tell me I got to pay that?” and read on only to find that I’d been repaid back some money and at the bottom of the page was a cheque. Don’t get me wrong it was a nice surprise but I shudder when I think how close I came to throwing that letter away and if it hadn’t been a slow day today I probably wouldn’t of looked twice at that letter and would never of found that cheque. The cheque would of expired and my money (which I didn’t even know I had coming) would be gone. The envelope it came in looked so cheap and junk mail like, I had no sign that this was an important letter. It was just a bit of good luck I looked twice but it freaked me out to think if this had ever happened before. Maybe really I’m a millionaire and the cheque on my messy desk or rotting in my desk draw and I’d never know.

I’m feeling very paranoid today but slightly richer.

No comments: