Thursday 12 July 2007

A Coat From Another Blog.

A while ago on my Myspace blog a few months back I was going on about a coat I had my eye on but was to expensive. The plan was to save up slowly until I could afford it. I kept my eye on it and was sure somebody would buy it as it was such a good coat but for some reason no one did. I went in on my weekly check this week hoping it hasn’t been sold or taken off the shelf only to find they’d cut £20 off the price. To be honest there probably wasn’t that many coats in store as its summer (apparently) so I thought I’d better capitalize on this bit of good luck and bought it. I know I’ve been complaining about this poor British summer but now I’m kind of hoping for a bit of rain so I can wear my new coat.

Today I also meet up with friends for a couple of drinks and to kill some time. Part of this time killing was spent checking out the local Pier, which has kind of been reopened after being closed for being unsafe. It basically at the moment just a bar and bingo hall and a few of those claw games. Since we were there and I wasn’t really up for playing bingo (things haven’t got that bad yet) I thought I’d try my luck on one of the claw games. I’d been wanting to win a Homer Simpson for ages when I spotted a machine with the Simpson in it. I had a couple of goes and notice the claw wasn’t bad for once, it had a pretty good grip for a claw game so I had another go. It wasn’t helping that one friend kept repeating “it rigged” and started walking away, but on my last go after a couple of near misses I got my second bit of good luck today and bagged me a Homer who now sitting on my shelf.

Pretty good day apart from the fact I’m now feeling a little sick from eating to many oaty Hobnobs biscuits.

No comments: