Tuesday 12 June 2007

Heart Breaking.

The sad thing about doing Dirge is that I pretty much know what I’m going be drawing for the rest of the year. It’s not the worst thing in the world and if anything it gives you more time to prepare, but the second part of Dirge is such a big project its most likely to take up most if not all of the rest of the year. So since I’m just over half way through I thought I’d put it on the back burner for a couple of weeks and knock up a couple of short stories to submit to an upcoming comic.

It been pretty weird to have to think up new ideas and draw work other then Dirge. I was surprised but how quickly I came up with ideas consider writing wise I been going through a bit of a dry patch. I’ve been trying to put in some serious hours over the last couple of days and it’s been a period of highs and lows. Like feeling great that I came up with ideas so quickly. Then getting worried that I set to work on them to soon and might go off them before they’re done. But the biggest heartache was today when I spent 3 hours trying to draw this one panel. I always knew this panel was going to be a mean shot to pull off but after putting in all that time and effort I looked and the finished panel and had this nagging feeling I’d probably be rubbing it out before the end of the week as I wanted this page to be the best I could make it.

I'll post up some work from Dirge 2 at some point as well as maybe a couple of shots from these short stories I’m working on. It been all pencilling latley and no real time time for my sketchbook, but I'll find something.

I’m off to cheer myself up by making one of these.



Wow Midget fights a few days ago and now an Origami Vagina. Didn’t take long for this blog to get lowbrow. I guess the Origami is arts and crafts to be fair.

No comments: