Tuesday 26 June 2007

Everything you know is wrong.

My appointment at the Dentist finally rolled round today. I was kind of curious as to what to expect as I've only ever been to one Dentist my whole life. Plus with my low funds I was a little scared as to what kind of treatment I’d get (I just had visions of the dentist taking off his shoe and smacking me in the mouth with the heel for half-an-hour and then charging me all of what’s left in my bank account.) It went pretty well all things considered. The place was on the seafront so I could just look out on to the sea while I was waiting. When I was in there he said there was signs of wear on the enamel must likely from all the fruit drinks I’ve drunk and to cut down on them and fruit, which felt weird being told to cut down on the only healthy part of my diet. When I asked what would be better to drink he said “tea or coffee” It also felt weird being told to drink coffee. I gave up caffeine about a year and a half ago and I don’t like tea or coffee. For my sensitive teeth he told me to rub this (I’m not sure if its some kind of jell or just special toothpaste) into the gums like one of those 80’s cops in the movies who find a shitload of cocaine, but can’t be sure until they’ve rubbed a little into they’re gums (how come cops in movies don’t do that anymore?) strange thing is I’ve actually tried it a couple of times and it does work…..I think.

Who would of thought gums were so technical? Apparently a third of the population suffer from sensitive teeth so one out of every three people who read this, I’m doing a favour.

Last summer was beautiful with blue skies and long hot days. It’s just a pity I spent it working in a cardboard box factory. This summer I’m about and its all floods and mugginess. I seriously never want to hear the word ‘muggy’ again. Feels like I’m living in a Tupperware box going round in a microwave this summer.

No comments: