Tuesday 19 June 2007

Flesh Eaters?

It’s been well over a month since I went to see 28 weeks later and I’ve only just started to have nightmares about fast running yellow contact lens wearing zombies (was there a waiting list in my head or something?) It probably all these essay still popping up all over the net about it. Every day I seem to spot a new one. Something I’ve been noticing about a lot of them is (in fact at least the last three I read) that they use lines like “flesh-eating zombies” and “flesh-eaters.” Like I said it been well over a month since I’ve seen it but didn’t the Zombies\Infected just beat you to death? I know they’d bite you to infect you, but I don’t remember any scenes of Zombies\Infected having a proper Munch on anyone? Not like in Day of the dead or Dawn. I just remember them biting and beating people to death. Maybe if they had been flesh eaters, they would of lasted longer then 28 weeks. They’re differently an irony in modern Zombies being faster and stronger but not lasting very long.

Anyway like many people I have sat in the pub outlining my plan in the case of a Zombie outbreak. But sadly these nightmares of fast running, super Zombies means I’m gonna have to revise\rethink them now. Bloody modern Zombies. Sure the yellow contact lenses are nice but this is how a Zombie should look and act really. Now this is a proper Zombie movie. No metaphor for Iraq. Just pervy green Nazi's.

I finally managed to get my hands on some black ink today. How weird is it when you walk into a stationer and can buy bronze metallic coloured ink and even fucking white ink, but no black ink. Who stocks these places? What’s the world got against comic book artiest? Were all the summer weather gone?

No comments: