Saturday 10 January 2015

Site Update.

Wow… technology really been kicking my arse this week. Firstly the memory stick I keep all my Babayka-Lives work on got corrupted meaning my laptop, that I post pages onto the internet from, no longer excepts\recognizes it (luckily, I did make a back-up copy, so that’s one drawback I should be able to overcome, even if I’m now down the cost of one perfectly good memory stick.) And then as you all probably know by now, my web-comic mysteriously went down on the same day at the start of the week. I’ve been talking to my web-host (very, very slowly… they like to leave 24-hour gaps between very brief messages), and as far as I can tell, it’s because of a botched hack job that my site is down. I’ve tried deleting the supposedly infected files, but still no luck, sadly. Just like the rest of this week, I’m currently now just waiting to hear back from my web-host… again.

I’m very happy I made the decision to keep my blog off-site for events just like this. If I had one of those under the web-comic blogs, I’d be screwed right now and you wouldn‘t be reading this. I might start thinking about doing an Email newsletter in the future, too, at some point, maybe.

So a big sorry to people who tune in today expecting a new page. If I get really lucky, and the site comes back online within the weekend, I’ll stick up the new Brides Of Babayka page ASAP. However, considering how this week has played out so far, I think it would be more realistic to say that the next new page will probably more likely go up next weekend now. It’s a bit of a bummer, I know. But at least it didn’t happen on the one year anniversary, or before I got to kill off Kevin Moon, so that’s a plus. (Wait… could be an angry Moon fan? So filled with rage that I killed off his favourite character, he hacked the site as an act of revenge? Even as I type these words, he’s out there online right now somewhere trying to rise an army of fellow Moon loving readers to attack me and the web-comic because of what I did to his favourite character? No… That’s stupid… It was probably just North Korea or something who did it.)

No comments: