Tuesday 27 January 2015

Babayka-Lives (Again.)

Babayka-Lives.com

And… we’re back.

Yep, was kind of hoping to sleepwalk through January this year with no big dramas, but unexpectedly ended up having to rebuild my whole web-comic from the ground up again instead (the internet giveth, and the internet taketh away.) But on the plus side (because there is a couple of positives that have come out of this), I think my site looks a little sleeker and more redefined now. I had no plans to tart up my web-comic in 2015, but now that I have, I’m really glad I did. I think this is the best it’s ever looked. One of the things I regretted after launching the web-comic in late 2013, was not having the page number underneath, now there’s both page numbers and a decent archive option as well, making the comic more accessible to new readers and old readers who wanna catch up. I also finally got around to putting in a short-but-sweet ‘About Page’ too. Plus my recent being hacked woes made me realize I needed to be brave and set up a second online feed for Babayka-Lives, which I did on Tapastic. This gives readers somewhere else to find the web-series when the main site’s down for whatever reason, and is something I wished I had done sooner.

So what’s next, you may ask? Well… hopefully… business as usual. I’m gonna spend the rest of the week sorting out any bugs that pop up (it may take a few days for the search engines and so on to catch up with the changes), and then on this coming Saturday, all being well, I’ll finally get to post the allusive Page-72.

Please update all RSS feeds to avoid disappointment. You can also now Like, Subscribe and Follow the web-comic (all of which are greatly appreciated.) Other ways you can show some love for Babayka-Lives include: Rebloging, Reposting, Tweeting, Fan-Art, Fan-Fic, Slash-Fic, Skywriting, Cosplaying, Changing your first name to ‘Babayka’, your last name to ‘Lives’, and your middle name to ‘Hyphen’. Large, painful Babayka-Lives facial tattoos, or just leaving good old feedback at: babayka-lives@outlook.com

Thanks to everyone one that’s kept checking back and wanting to see more of this web-series. It was a huge bummer that the site got hacked just as the story was hotting up. I can tell from recent stats that there’s been a loyal readership that’s built up and grown slowly throughout 2014, so it was very disappointing to start the year off with a setback like that. I’m now just looking forward to trying to get things hopefully back on track over the next couple of weeks. Pick up where we left off earlier this month, as it were.

Don’t forget you can read a quick recap of what’s previously happen in Brides Of Babayka below, in the last post, for those who need a refresher.

No comments: