Wednesday 14 January 2015

Important Site News.

As you all probably know by now Babayka-Lives was hacked early last week. I don’t think it was a lone vindictive hacker attack (even though I’d just finished posting a pretty close to knuckle scene), I think it was probably more likely a random opportunist hacker who just did a botch job of trying to put malware on my site, and just ended up mangling the site instead (Jeez, just my luck to get the Mr Bean of hackers targeting my site.) After this hack attack, and some pretty piss-poor tech support from my web-host, sadly it become very clear that Babayka-Lives.com will indeed now be needed to be rebuilt from scratch. It’s a massive blow, and a crummy way to start 2015, but there’s no getting around it. This will be my third time rebuilding Babayka-Lives.com from square one.

One thing that’s become clear and I’m gonna take away from this whole sorry affair, is that maybe it wouldn’t hurt to have Babayka-Lives going out on a secondary feed online. Somewhere else online people can find this series, for the next time my site gets hacked or goes down for whatever reason. With that in mind, I’ve just started posting work on Tapastic. If you head over there now, you’ll find I’ve already posted the first four pages of Brides Of Babayka. I’ll be uploading pages four-at-a-time randomly in the coming weeks until I get us back up to page 71 (the page we were on when the site got hacked.) I’ll most likely upload another four pages at some point this week, and be sure to let readers know via this blog when it has been updated. At least on Tapastic you can relive the first 71-pages while I try and get Babayka-Lives.com active again in the coming weeks.

If you wanna make a note of the url it’s:

http://tapastic.com/series/babayka-lives

So the battle-plan for moving forward looks like this. Over the coming next few weeks, I’ll be trying to get a new look (and maybe even better) Babayka-Lives off the ground. I will be sure to keep updating this blog and my deviantart journal to keep you all up to date on the progress. While I do that, why not reread the first two-thirds of Brides Of Babayka over on Tapastic.

A big thank you to those who have reach out or shown concern over the site in the last week. I’m hoping by early springtime at the latest, we’ll all be back on track and moving on, and hope readers ain’t too disappointed over these recent events.

No comments: