Friday 31 May 2013

Lone Ted.


I said a couple of times that I wasn’t gonna post anything from Issue #4 on my blog, as every panel was pretty much a massive spoiler. But while trying to put together the final version of my book this week, I did come across one (if somewhat cropped) frame I think it would be ok to post. Just because out of the several shots I had to do of these sinister teddies, this one is by far my favourite. It’s the closes I think I’ve ever come to drawing something that’s adorable. His little hat makes me smile.

I’ve been working out the page count of my book recently, and I think I need a couple more pin-ups to fill up some spare pages. I was wondering if I should maybe do an afterword or brief commentary on the story, but figured people would probably just prefer more artwork in the end. I’m open to suggestions if there is anything anybody would like to see in the extras? The extras section is looking like it’s gonna be at least 10-pages long. I always knew I wanted to do an extras section, so I’ve been saving up artwork for it. I finished the book’s cover jacket this week, too. Hopefully won’t be that much longer before I can finally reveal the title of this graphic-novel. Been a long time coming, I know.

2 comments:

James H said...

Some photography would be cool. Your inspirations would be interesting too. Looking forward to seeing it sometime when it's complete!

Andrew Reed said...

Thanks for the comment, Jimmers.

Yeah… sadly I didn’t draw much from photos on this book. I am throwing in four pages of character sketches, however. I’ll reconsider doing an afterword and have a think about it.

Should hopefully be go time the other side of this summer. Scary, huh? Hope all is going well with your art?