Sunday 2 December 2012

Modern Christmas.


Nothing kicks off the Christmas period like a close-up of a big, gross, veiny eye. As a man who spends his whole life either drawing or being on a computer, I’m no stranger to dreaded red eye. Often, I’ve got a Christopher Lee, Dracula’s evil-eyes thing going on. I get through a lot of eye drops.

Here’s the thing… Apart from my brother’s presents, I haven’t done any Xmas shopping yet. I tend to do it all online now. This coming week is probably when I’ll find a spare couple of hours and get it out the way. I sit on my laptop making up a list of all the things I want for Xmas, then with a click of a button, I send that list off to the digital elves of internet land (or Amazon, as some people call them.) Then several days later, a fat man with a beard and sack brings them to my house (be better if my postman’s beard was white, not ginger. Also, if he could be jolly, not grumpy, that to would boost my Xmas high greatly.) Plus if Santa was real, health-and-safety would probably make him wear high visibility, orange clothing these days, anyway, so that kind of works. They’d make him wear one of those fluorescent tops at the very least.

No comments: