Sunday 16 December 2012

Ho-Ho-Horror.





I’ve already posted these up on my Deviantart page (HERE & HERE), but here’s two full pages from Issue #3. I think they’re two of the strongest pages from this issue, and hopefully give a good indication of the tone and look of this story. I think it’s safe to say, things get very sinister in Issue #3.

Been on a massive Junji Ito craze of late. Been reading the first two Tomie books, called Museum Of Terror, printed by Dark Horse. They are unbelievably creepy and cool. I think the short story Little Finger would have to be in my top ten greatest short, comic horror-stories of all time. I rate it right up there with Jenifer by Jones and Wrightson. I’ve noticed they have a copy up online you can read (I notices lately there’s a lot of Manga up online you can read… Wish more of it was in print.) you can check it out HERE. But, because it’s Manga, you need to remember to read the right page first, then the left. It’s tricky, but worth it for such a good horror story. If this story doesn’t give you the heebie-jeebies, you’re made of stronger stuff than me, buddy. I honestly think this strip is genius.

I’m all set for my Horror Manga Xmas this year. In the end, I went with Hell Baby, Parasytl Vol 1 and Octopus Girl vol 1. I also manage to hunt down a DVD copy of a movie I’ve been wanting to see for years called Wicked City. Wasn’t as cheap as I would have liked, but it’s been my only shot at owning it since… well… ever… So I thought ‘Happy Christmas to me’ and bought it… then saw someone had put a copy up on youtube a few days later… (lets out annoyed grunt.) Still, I hate watching movies on my laptop. I regret nothing. NOTHING!

No comments: