Wednesday 8 September 2010

Why I Won’t Be Doing Much Work In 2011.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a very happy bunny that they’re finally putting Duke Nukem Forever out next year. But I’m asking myself the same as everyone else, can any game live up to a fourteen year wait? And even if this game is a massive hit, first this game would have to claw back the cost of being in development hell for that massive period.

Above all, I’m just hoping they keep that sense of humour that Duke Nukem 3D had. When you’re putting that much time and money into a game, you’re going to want people to take it seriously. I just hope it’s still a bit trashy.

Speaking of trashy but glorious games. I forgot Dead Rising 2 is out at the end of the month. I may hold off on buying this straight away (if I have that much willpower in my body) so I can get as much as I can of issue 2 done before 2011. But to be honest, I’ve found my finger hovering over the pre-order button so many times lately. Doesn’t help with Play.com having an offer to have your Zombie face put on the box. I guess the main thing will be if anyone else I know gets a copy. If it’s got a two player online co-op mode, it’d be rude not to get a copy.

No comments: