Thursday 2 September 2010

Living In The Past.

Like Peter Kay, I’m pretty much living in the past these days.

I just got an RF Cable through the post today that I bought online. I got it so I can hook up my 80’s NES to my modern, widescreen, HD telly (like it’s going to make the 8bits any less 8bit-ish.) I’m glad retro-gaming is big at the moment. I’ll feel a little less loser like, playing away on my old-timey-NES tonight. I wish I’d kept a lot of my old consoles. Why didn’t it ever dawn on me that I may want to play them at a later date?

Also got the first issue of CLiNT today. Last time I got to walk into town and buy a British anthology that wasn‘t 2000ad, I was probably a teenager, maybe even just a kid. I remember while growing up there always seemed to be a new comic around the corner. Comics based on video games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Comics based on the latest toy. I really loved that one they put out which was loads of Dark Horse reprints (I think it was called Total Carnage or something like that.) But then around the mid-90‘s… nothing. I hope this new comic sells and some more UK comics start to pop up. Like Doctor Who and my old dusty NES before it, it’s time for resurgence. If only to help people of my generation avoid the horrors of adult life and pretend they’re eight again.

No comments: