Tuesday 1 June 2010

What Could Have Been.

Think of this as a little add on from last weeks post.

You’re probably going to have to click and enlarge this photo, but if you can make it out, this is a shot of the two peril scenes that I ended up rubbing out. If you can imagine these in the thought bubble from last weeks pin up. That how the shot looked.

I’m still glad I scrapped them. They would have been tiny in the final image, plus I feel the three in the Hot tub is a better drawing. But I did like the two heroes on the pile of TNT shot. I did think for a second I might scan that part, blow it up and print it out, then light-box it onto a sheet of A3... but then I realized redrawing all that TNT again was a fate worse then death and I didn’t love that image that much.

Speaking of things I forgot to post recently... Here a really cool gallery of old style pulp comic covers I found a couple of weeks ago. Some of these are just amazing, some not so great. I would have love to have been an old pulp cover artist back in the glory days. You probably got paid peanuts but look how cool some of these cover are.

No comments: