Thursday 3 June 2010

Sewer Snatcher.

Tell me this pin up wouldn’t have made a great old style pulp cover? Evil giant creature reaching up from the sewer. Maybe I should have swapped the Super-heroine for a 50’s looking damsel, but still… I wasn’t going that much for retro.

I may have gone back to my default setting slightly with this image (girls and monsters) after the hassle of last week. But saying that I’m maybe not so down on Mind-Flux as I was last week. I’m seeing a couple of things about it I like now.

Been on a bit of a Kevin Maguire craze lately. Ordering a lot of his books. Reading The Cat And The Bat and so on, has made me wonder if I could draw a decent Super-heroine. But the above image isn’t a great try as she’s tiny in this shot. In fact, because the set up of the image was so bizarre, she was kind of a bit of an afterthought, really. Maybe something to come back too.

I learnt one thing from drawing this image… if you’re drawing a Super-heroine who’s look more like a wrestler or something, just throw on a utility-belt, utility-belts make Superheroes look super.

No comments: