Sunday 13 June 2010

The Andrew Reed Font.

Well, it took a couple of goes, and I’ve written out the alphabet so many times this week I feel like I’m back in school. But I have made a font out of my handwriting (that‘s it above.) I haven’t had a chance to do any lettering with it yet to see if it’s any good, and sadly I put down my commas as apostrophes, which is annoying as the font I’ve been using lately didn’t have any commas either, when I downloaded it off a website (it‘s how they get you to buy the whole font.) It seems it’s my curse in life to have to letter something and leave spaces and then go back and put the commas in… oh well, at least I know it shouldn’t be a problem and by now I‘m kind of use to it. I could always resubmit it and sort it out easily… but at just over £8 a go (and remember it’s already taken me two goes) I can live with this small problem.

I’m hoping it well look ok used as lettering on my final artwork, as I’ve been wanting a font made of my own handwriting for ages (it’s also nice to know I own the copyright on it for once, and it makes the lettering more personal.) I’ve just got to free-up some time first, so I can sit down at my Mac and try it out properly… bloody real life, eh?

No comments: