Friday 27 February 2009

I Have A Plan.

I have a nasty feeling I may have used that heading before but I’m to busy\lazy to go back through previous posts and check. It only a small shot this frame but for some reason I think it one of my favourites from my last story.
I got £7.99 or 3cd’s worth of ‘Trance Euphoria’ dance music through the post this morning. It all part of my plan to get more artwork done. It’s not uncommon for me to work late into the night as it a lot more quite and less things to distract me. I tend to be more of a nighttime person then a morning person anyway. Thanks to my wireless headphones I got a couple of weeks ago I can now also chill out and put some music on in the late hours. I can also walk down stairs to make a sandwich or have a pee while listening to music. They’re good for up to a hundred metres or so they say. Up till now the only thing I’ve had to listen to in the background at night is the TV so it’s nice to have music to listen to late at night without having headphone wire to get caught up in. I’ve had a big urge to listen to some more chilled out stuff when I’m working for a while now. Don’t get me wrong, having some good rock music going when I draw during the day or into the night is good, but for those early hours you don’t want someone screaming in your ears (unless your trying to stay awake.) I remember years ago when I was still a teenager and trying to get my head round the idea of inking my artwork, putting on OK Computer and chilling out and really for the first time enjoying inking. Probably why I also got a copy of Amnesiac through the post this morning in case the Euphoria stuff is a dud. I can’t really say I know that much about dance music so I had to go on other peoples reviews and comments. I can’t wait for the next time I get to stay up put on some Euphoria and really try and get some work done. Sadly not tonight though. I have to be up early in the morning for work.

I always like to hear what other people listen to when they draw or ink. Should try and put together the ultimate compilation CD to draw to at some point. Everybody gets to throw in a track.

Got your Watchmen graphic novel yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel like i should be interviewed in this. :)

Andrew Reed said...

To be honest you did spring to mind while watching that first time. With your cheap clear out sale copy that never gonna be read. Your mising out. Waterman is the best.