Sunday 1 February 2009

Dead Space.

It strange how you can do something over and over again for a long time and still once in a while make one of the must basic mistake. I’m more or less happy with the panel above but the problem is that it going to have a speech bubble in it and usually when your drawing and mapping out an image your be very aware of this and try and leave dead space for them. I didn’t really plan this shot well enough and now when I come to letter it shortly I’m going to be covering up part of the artwork that I like. I guess I won’t know how bad the problem is or even if they’re a chance I could sidestep the problem altogether until I get on the computer and play around with it.

Luckily it not usually a mistake I make a lot, as I’m pretty good at leaving room for dialog but from time to time on rare occasion my judgement will slip. I don’t really know many other comic book artist, so I don’t really know if it a common problem or not. I tend to find just because you do something again and again it doesn’t mean you’re ever above messing up on the basics…sadly. I guess that the good thing about having a blog. I can post it here in all it glory where as in print you’d be missing chunks of the image that the speech bubbles would be covering up. Which is pretty much true of must of the images I post. Even if it just a bit of background detail or something that you wouldn’t usually see, you do get to see it all here. I knew this blog had to be good for something.

No comments: