Thursday 5 February 2009

Better Or Worse?

One of the things I’ve really been trying to push myself on lately is if I don’t think something working right that I should try and make sure it works more to how I had plan it. I know that at some point you’ve just got to be able to let a page go but sometimes just a quick touch up can help. But then saying that sometimes it can make things worse and sometimes it just doesn’t do anything at all.

At some point I’ve looked at this reworked panel and decided it was much better, then looked at it again and thought it was worse and then looked at it and thought “well there not that much different really”. At the moment looking at it again, one of the things I think is better is that with more texture\dirt in the background it has pushed the two figures more to the front of the image and helped them stand out. Also it just made the background a little more interesting visually. Plus these scenes are set on an alien world were I’ve drawn all the other shots to look grotty and filthy and maybe the first panel a little to clean to fit in with the other environments that are before this shot.

No comments: