Thursday 29 January 2009

A Bloody Classic.

My Brother offered to get me a videogame for my birthday next week and asked if they’re were any I was looking out for. So I tried to think of a few I’m after and then he asked if I wanted them for my PC. Sadly my laptop not the greatest and doesn’t really handle games very well, but I did think about any PC games I’d still like to get and I remembered a game from the 90’s which I’d been looking out for, for years. I don’t think you can sadly get a copy now or at least for a decent price but I spent a fair chunk of my childhood playing Blood. You could kick zombie’s heads around and set evil monks on fire with a flair gun. When I think back to all the videogames I’d play when I was a kid I think Blood was probably the most fun. Like I said my laptop not really powerful enough for me to have kept up with the new shoot-em-ups like Far Cry or Half Life. Plus I’m usually so busy nowadays I’m lucky if I can found one night a month to set aside to play videogames but I’d happily free up some time for Blood. It was like a horror version of Duke Nuke em. Not many people seem to remember it and now only talk about Doom and Duke but people who did play it always remember it. I’m kind of hoping someone will re-release it for the PC for cheap and I can finely get my filthy hands on a copy. If any old PC game is screaming to be re-released it Blood. But then if they did ever re-release it I’d probably have to buy a new laptop to be able to play it anyway.I do have a copy of Shadow Warrior floating around somewhere. If Duke Nuke Em was Sci-Fi and Blood was horror genre then Shadow Warrior was Kung Fu. Not as good as Duke and Blood but still pretty good and very playable. I kind of got that working on my laptop. I don’t remember it playing to badly but not great. Plus I couldn’t get the sound or music working so I had to play it in silence, which kind of killed the charm of it.

No comments: