Tuesday 3 March 2009

War Tongue. Part 1 of 3.

Thought I’d break these posts up into three stages over the next week or two, so I can show the different stages in more detail. I’ll start with the thumbnails. To be honest I could have done with maybe doing a couple more of these during the planning stage. It worked out fine in the end but once I’d had the idea, I was so keen to get onto the final image I maybe jumped the gun a tiny bit to quickly. I always try and keep my thumbnails quick and simple but I don’t like to move on to the final image until I’m sure what I’m doing with it. I knew what the basic image was going to look like (nothing to complicated, just a close up of a face with a tongue sticking out.) but the battle scene that was happening on the tongue was maybe left a little under developed in the thumbnail stage. Actually I say a close up of some ones face isn’t very complicated but in fact it can be one of the hardest things to draw and now I think about it, battle scenes aren’t really that easy going either.
You can judge for yourselves how well I draw close ups of faces and tiny battle scenes soon when I post the next step.

No comments: