Sunday 22 March 2009

Dead Stranger Danger.

One of the sad things about modern society is having to prepare and protect children from the dangers of the real world. It sometimes the case that there’s things that you don’t really want to talk to children about and feel like when you do your chipping away at what’s left of they’re childhood even if it is for they’re own good. Nowadays it feels like earlier and earlier we’re having to prepare them and sometimes it a struggle to guess what’s the right age to bring up these issues. For example what age do you start to prepare Children for the dangers of a Zombie attack? A question all parents must ask themselves at some point. I can only thank God that this video from Japanese TV is only a test as tying a plastic toy dinosaur by a bit of string to a door frame is a flimsy attack at best.For some reason I love lists (I think it’s a guy thing) and by far the best place for lists on the Internet is Cracked.com For some reason I just seem to take information in better if it’s in the form of a list. This is the best one I’ve read for ages, maybe ever. 5 way’s your common sense’ lies to you. It’s one of those things you read and it all a bit to close to the bone. Number #4 The Nirvana Fallacy is spookily close to how I’m feeling at the moment. So many times lately I just want to sit back and wait for that big idea. It that whole letting yourself off the hook to easy. “The longer I wait, the better the idea will be when it comes.” It’s one of the worst feelings in the world to put hours and hours of work into something and at the end of it feel like it didn’t work as well as it could have and there’s no one to blame but you. To avoid this feeling sometimes it’s just easier not to start in the first place. My only saving grace is I’m pretty good at forcing myself to do work. I may have played the “I’ve got a headache” or “I really need to watch this programme on TV” card my fair share of times but all in all I’m pretty good at keeping things moving forward (says the guy who hasn’t posted any artwork this week.) I’m differently guilty of Number #1 Special Pleading as well. Sometimes when I’m in a really shitty mood I sometimes think everyone else was merely put on this planet to piss me off or get in my way. Luckily it a feeling that doesn’t last long but I guess sometimes it’s just easier to see yourself as someone with an important goal in life and everyone else as just more like furniture. They’re just floating through life unlike yourself and your busy lifestyle and sometimes you’ve just got to break the rules everyone else must follow. Which when you really look at it doesn’t stand up on it own and really shows you to be a bit of a dick. It’s always a shitty feeling when you’re on the other end of it as well. When someone's maybe trying to get away with something and they seem to be able to justify it in they’re own minds, yet you know if the tables were turned and it was the other way round they’d be just as pissed off or upset if it was happening to them. You can let yourself off a lot of things in life with the right shitty excuse. : Moral of this post? Making excuse=BAD. Manning up to your problems even if sometimes you come out of it as the bad guy\girl or it means your going to have to make more of an effort in life=GOOD. Dressing up as a Zombie and chasing small children around until they look like they’re going to pop from fear just for a TV show=GREY AREA.

No comments: