Monday 13 August 2007

The Return Of Kevin.


It strange when you come back to drawing a character you haven’t drawn for a while. I don't think it would be giving to much away to say that Kevin (the Goth clown looking room mate from Dirge) isn’t in the first half of the second issue much and so I haven’t had to draw him (apart from one shot of him from behind) since late last year.

Kevin was very loosely based on someone I used to know. In fact so loosely based on him that he’s now nothing at all like him. This guy didn’t look anything like Kevin but he had some of his characteristic. I wanted Kevin to be that guy that just gets in the way. The kind of guy who just worms his way into your life. His a bit of a sub plot to the story really.

Actually I said goth clown but his more of a rocker or punk. In the first issue I used to think of him as Sid Vicious without the charisma. As much as I dislike the Kevin character and everything he stands for his by far the most fun to draw. I tried to give him a real strange look, with his round, fat, split nose and unibrow. And lets not forget his Robert Smith haircut.

No comments: